Do your kids love pizza? We’ve never met a kid yet who doesn’t!
So what happens when you transition to a Ketogenic Diet?
Well…you feed them pizza.
At our dinner table this was proclaimed a Hit by the head TK Keto Kid in charge of Pizza Quality! So we think we should share it with you. Because ever mom deserves to feel like you just found the secret to life!
Here’s how it’s done!
For the Crust:
- 6 oz raw milk cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds (chicharrones)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly oil a cast iron skillet with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- Mix the egg, shredded cheese and crushed pork rinds in a bowl.
- Pour into the skillet and lightly press down evenly in the pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the crust begins to lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven.
The Pork Rinds give this crust a little extra crunch!
For the Toppings:
- 1/4 cup TK BBQ Sauce or a low sugar marinara
- Any meat you like: We used leftover chicken thighs, breakfast sausage and uncured pepperoni slices
- 2 oz raw milk cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place the pizza with the toppings back in the oven for about 10 minutes to heat.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
This was a big winner at our dinner table! The plate pictured is the exact plate that our TK Keto Kid proclaimed as a winner!
Our TK Keto Kid called this Makeshift Pizza and said it was better than the old regular pizza he used to eat before going Keto!
Follow us with the Stalking Icons!
To keep up with what’s happening daily follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter!
If you make this tag us on any of our social media sites and use the hashtag:
Steve and Melody