Now that we have all discovered that Cauliflower can be turned into everything from Pizza to “Tater Tots”…
It’s time to settle back in to the real reason this otherwise discarded white vegetable has made it’s way into our hearts and onto our plates.
Keto-fied Mashed Potatoes!
That’s right! We can have mashed white stuff on our plate! It makes us have that same warm and fuzzy feeling that creamy mashed potatoes flood our souls with. It feels good to dip a piece of pan fried chicken into this creamy mashed cauliflower! You know what makes it 100 times better. It’s easy and fast! And we all love that!
Now that we can find frozen Riced Cauliflower in almost every store in the country from some very recognizable brands, it’s even better. No more of that chop, steam, squeeze, and then puree with a food processor crap! That takes too much damn time!
What you need:
- 1 immersion (stick) blender
- 1 sauce pan with a lid
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 4 oz cream cheese
- pink Himalayan salt and pepper
- Pour the frozen riced cauliflower into the sauce pan
- Turn the heat to medium high
- Cover the pan with the lid
- Stir every few minutes until all the cauliflower is no longer frozen
- Add the cream cheese and put the lid back on
- Turn the heat down to medium low
- Continue to stir occasionally until the cream cheese is melted and the cauliflower is hot.
- Remove from he stove top and using your immersion blender set to the lowest speed begin to puree the cauliflower and cream cheese together. Increase the speed and continue until you have the desired consistency.
Top with some of your favorites if you desire, like shredded cheddar, chopped bacon, and sour cream…. Loaded Mashed Cauliflower! YUM!
I love topping my mashed cauliflower with a bunless burger. Kind of like getting that old style Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes! Don’t act like you didn’t like those frozen dinners!
Are you having trouble getting into ketosis? What if you could get there faster? Find out how fast here!
Keep it Keto!
Steve and Melody
This is practically the same recipe, but we are rolling everything up inside the chicken thigh and then gift wrapping those thighs with strips of fresh uncured bacon!
You can have these ready to serve on your table in about forty minutes. That’s not bad. You can prepare a few extra portions to have an easy quick meal for another day of the week. Let’s face it. WE all have those days when we just don’t feel like cooking. It’s great to have something ready to go that is satisfying and delicious! And these little bacon wrapped beauties fit the bill!
Tactical Tip for Keto Kids: Depending on the age of your kids and personal taste preferences, you can just leave out the jalapeño pepper and still have a kid friendly meal. Just don’t forget which ones are jalapeño free!
- Chicken Thighs, skinless boneless (for the amount just use as many thighs as fit your family size)
- Bacon, 2 strips per chicken thigh
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese per chicken thigh
- 1 oz Cheddar Cheese per chicken thigh
- Salt and Pepper
- Jalapeño Pepper, pickled or fresh (this is a personal preference amount…as much or as little heat as you want)
- 1-2 tbsp Kerry Gold Irish Butter
The cream cheese and cheddar cheese are rough estimates. This isn’t science…or baking! So don’t stress about measurements. We don’t stress when eating all the fat!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay out the chicken thighs on a plate or poultry cutting board and make sure they are flat enough to roll up as seen in the picture above.
- Salt and pepper the both sides of the thighs.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and jalapeño pepper to one end of the each thigh. I didn’t even bother to mix them. You don’t have to! Keep it simple and easy!
- Roll each chicken thigh up and then wrap each thigh with 2 strips of bacon making sure the ends are tucked under to keep the bacon from coming off.
- Preheat a cast iron or other heavy bottom, oven safe skillet to medium high heat.
- Add the butter to the pan and place each bacon wrapped chicken thigh seam side down to brown in the butter.
- Turn over and continue browning the bacon on each side.
- Place the skillet into the oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the thighs rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite leafy green vegetable. We like this with some roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Remember that the quality of your food is important. Purchase what you can afford. If organic isn’t in your budget, don’t sweat it…just stay away from the other processed junk, crappy carbohydrates and ALL white sugar! You just start! That’s how change happens. Just START! –and never quit!
Have fun with these. They’re not hard. And measuring isn’t necessary.
Follow us with the stalking icons and check out our Instagram feed to see what we are eating most days! If you need a little extra help figuring out how to incorporate a Tactical Keto Diet into your life, just contact us!
The biggest question we get concerning a Ketogenic Diet is “What do I use to replace Bread?”
My first answer is ALWAYS eat MORE FAT!
But we understand the transition period when going from being a sugar burner to being a fat burner.
Coming off bread and pasta can make you feel like joining a support group and a 12 Step Program! We’ve been there.
So let’s get to those Pancakes!
Disclaimer: Any Low Carb Pancake, bread or bread-like recipe is going to have a different texture from its gluten-sugar filled counterparts. So adjust your expectations. But don’t despair. These feel enough like a pancake that you’ll make it through the transition and eventually…if you REALLY eat enough FAT…you won’t even need a low carb bread substitute.
But these do look pretty amazing right?!?
If you need a little help with making some bacon go here! I enjoyed my Completely Keto Pancakes with some nut butter, fresh organic berries and plenty of crispy uncured fresh bacon! We don’t encourage anyone to use sugar free maple syrup. When you eat something that is sugar free you might as well see the words Chemical Sh*t Storm. So try it without the syrup. Or go with just a light drizzle of the real stuff! You can also just warm the berries with a little stevia which will make nice Berry sweetened syrup. But for goodness sake stay away from chemical laden foods! The whole point is to get healthy…not eat a weird scientific experiment equivalent to food!
Yield: approximately 20 pancakes (the recipe can be cut in half if desired)
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of stevia
- 2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Splash (about 1/4 cup) of whole, full-fat milk or full-fat coconut milk
- Coconut oil to grease griddle
- Preheat a griddle to about 350 degrees
- Place all the pancakes ingredients into a blender and blend until completely combined.
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes
- If it’s too thick add 1 tbsp of milk at a time and re-blend until desired consistency. (This will look like a regular pancake batter)
- Pour or scoop onto the hot, greased griddle and cook for about 2 minutes then flip each pancake. They should start to bubble around the edges and in the middle.
- Cook an additional 2-3 minutes on the second side and then remove to a plate and keep warm in the oven until all batter has been used.
Tactical Tip: How to use these pancakes for other yummy meals!
- Keto Kids Sandwiches : Any NutButter and low sugar jam, turkey and bacon sandwich, egg and sausage sandwich
- Cool and keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Warm in the toaster for a quick breakfast bread.
- Eat as a snack anytime just add meat and homemade Baconnaise, or a NutButter, or any other kind of topping that strikes your fancy!
- Use as a base for stevia sweetened whipped heavy cream and fresh berries with a dusting of grated dark chocolate or broken pieces of dark chocolate for a quick dessert!
Mixing took about 3 minutes from start to finish. Just dump everything in your blender!
It will have the consistency of regular pancake batter or a thick milkshake.
Make sure you preheat the griddle and add a good portion of coconut oil to grease it so they don’t stick!
The end result will be a great pancake to keep you burning Ketones and help you transition to be a fat burner! Keep eating all the FAT!
If you make these tag us on Instagram and use the hashtag #TacticalKetoDiet or #FullKetard
Follow us with the Stalking Icons and keep us with us daily through Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Dates and times for our next Tactical Ketogenic Diet Seminar are coming soon!
Steve and Melody