Now that we have all discovered that Cauliflower can be turned into everything from Pizza to “Tater Tots”…
It’s time to settle back in to the real reason this otherwise discarded white vegetable has made it’s way into our hearts and onto our plates.
Keto-fied Mashed Potatoes!
That’s right! We can have mashed white stuff on our plate! It makes us have that same warm and fuzzy feeling that creamy mashed potatoes flood our souls with. It feels good to dip a piece of pan fried chicken into this creamy mashed cauliflower! You know what makes it 100 times better. It’s easy and fast! And we all love that!
Now that we can find frozen Riced Cauliflower in almost every store in the country from some very recognizable brands, it’s even better. No more of that chop, steam, squeeze, and then puree with a food processor crap! That takes too much damn time!
What you need:
- 1 immersion (stick) blender
- 1 sauce pan with a lid
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 4 oz cream cheese
- pink Himalayan salt and pepper
- Pour the frozen riced cauliflower into the sauce pan
- Turn the heat to medium high
- Cover the pan with the lid
- Stir every few minutes until all the cauliflower is no longer frozen
- Add the cream cheese and put the lid back on
- Turn the heat down to medium low
- Continue to stir occasionally until the cream cheese is melted and the cauliflower is hot.
- Remove from he stove top and using your immersion blender set to the lowest speed begin to puree the cauliflower and cream cheese together. Increase the speed and continue until you have the desired consistency.
Top with some of your favorites if you desire, like shredded cheddar, chopped bacon, and sour cream…. Loaded Mashed Cauliflower! YUM!
I love topping my mashed cauliflower with a bunless burger. Kind of like getting that old style Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes! Don’t act like you didn’t like those frozen dinners!
Are you having trouble getting into ketosis? What if you could get there faster? Find out how fast here!
Keep it Keto!
Steve and Melody
It’s Soup Season!
This is a very simple method to create a quick soup that tastes like you’ve been working for hours!
It’s pretty too!
This took less than 15 minutes!
You’ll need to plan ahead just a little. But that’s a small price to pay for Soup that tastes like you’ve been simmering it all day!
First! You need to slow cook some chicken thighs!
Sometimes I just go with the flow. These are from a “regular”‘grocery store. Not pasture raised. Heck! They aren’t even organic. Don’t stress!
You’ll need to Season these babies before tossing them into your slow cooker.
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
Mix everything except the lime juice.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, skinless (Mine were boneless because that’s all they had. Always opt for bone in if possible)
- Coat the chicken with the seasoning place in the slow cooker and pour in the lime juice.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hrs.
- Refrigerate chicken until ready to use.
- Pour the chicken broth into a container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- The fat will rise to the top of your broth. Do not throw this fat away! You will be using it in your soup!
For the Soup! (Soup for 2 people)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (red, yellow or orange) chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, such as Kerrygold
- 1 cup of broth from the slow cooked chicken (use a good spoonful of that chicken fat on top too!)
- 2 cups of chicken stock in box or homemade chicken bone broth
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste (you will need to taste your soup as you go!)
- 1 cup Riced Cauliflower (optional)
- 1-2 cups shredded slow cooker chicken
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Extra lime wedges
- Sour cream
- In a saucepan melt the butter.
- Add the bell pepper and sauté for about 3-5 minutes
- Add the seasonings and stir.
- Add the Riced Cauliflower.
- Add both of the chicken broths and let it come to a gentle boil.
- Add the shredded chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat and add a squeeze of lime and a handful of chopped cilantro.
- Taste and adjust the salt if necessary.
- Ladle it into some bowls.
- Top with cheese, avocado, and a little more cilantro.
- Serve it up and enjoy!!!
One thing I for sure love about Soup…it is very forgiving!
What I mean by that is you can season it a little here and a little there. Don’t be afraid to add a little more or less of my recommended amounts of things like cayenne pepper. Make it your own. Start experimenting! You can do this!!!
Tactical Tip: use some of this chicken inside an omelette. It’s freaking delicious!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our soup recipe. Remember if you make it, tag us in a pic on Facebook or Instagram! Let us know how you made it your own!
Steve and Melody
Eat all the FAT! Oh and Drink your Ketones!
Yes we said Avocado…and Chocolate…together.
It’s probably no secret that everybody and their neighbor is using avocado like it’s the cure for cancer! Well…it just might be! This is one creamy and delicious concoction. So let’s not waste any more time gabbing about how delicious it is…let’s get to makin’ it!
Get a blender. This recipe makes about 3 milkshakes.
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, ripe
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- stevia to taste (you may have to play with this according to your taste buds…go easy at first, Stevia is potent!)
- 1 cup water (add more water if it’s too thick)
- 1 cup crushed ice
Add all of the ingredients to your blender. Blend until completely smooth. Pour into cups…duh! And enjoy!
This is a perfect way to get through that stage of needing a little something sweet, or to fulfill your fat intake for the day. This is a great source of healthy fats to accommodate your desire for Nutritional Ketosis!
If you enjoy this blog and the content you get out of it and would like to buy us a coffee…with heavy cream of course, there is a nice place on the right side of your computer screen to do that. Or just click the tab that says Support The Tactical Kitchen and you can drop a dime to get us a cup of joe!
Many Thanks! And have a fat-filled day and don’t forget that #carbskill.
Check out our feed on Instagram to keep up with what’s going on daily. We just returned from a stellar conference, Low Carb USA San Diego, with tons of information and lots of new low carb friends!
Stay Fat Adapted Friends!
Steve and Melody, just a couple of #Ketards