These are super easy to make and so delicious! No need for bread crumbs for these Keto-fied meatballs!
Yield: 14-16, 2.5 ounce meatballs
Preheat Oven: 400*F
Measuring spoons and cups
Glass baking dish 13×9
- 2 pounds grass-fed/grass-finished ground beef
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, homemade or best quality store bought
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 eggs, pasture raised
- 1/2 cup shredded raw or organic whole milk mozzarella to add to meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded raw or organic whole milk mozzarella to top meatballs
- 1 tbsp organic Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp organic garlic powder or 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp organic onion powder or 1/4 cup fresh minced shallots
- 2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1-2 tbsp of melted grass-fed butter or coconut oil to grease the baking dish
For the Sauce
12 ounce glass jar organic no sugar Pasta Sauce (If using canned sauce, look for brands that do not use BPA in the lining of their cans or you make your own homemade sauce if you have fresh tomato available)
- Use the butter or coconut oil to grease the baking dish.
- Place the ground beef, cream cheese, almond meal, eggs, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and all of the seasonings in the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with the wooden spoon.
- Using your hands or an ice cream scoop form the mixture into 2.5 ounce meatballs and place into the greased baking dish.
- Place the baking dish into a 400*F oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and carefully spoon out the drippings.
- Pour the Italian pasta sauce over the meatballs and sprinkle with reserved 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the dish back into the oven and allow the sauce to heat through and the cheese to melt and begin to bubble, approximately 7-10 minutes.
Serve over sautéed zucchini “pasta”
Serve along side a large green salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Vinegar
Serve with Sautéed green beans with cashews or almonds and baked sweet potato
Save leftovers in a glass container and enjoy the next day as an omelette filling for an Italian twist on a traditional omelette.
Looking for a bottle of Keto Friendly Wine to go with your Italian Keto Meatbombs?
A few other awesome serving option for leftovers!
- Make some Fat Head Pizza dough and stuff a few meatballs in there for a nice Stromboli or Calzone
- Use Cloud Bread or Almond Keto Bread for a meatball sandwich!
I’ll be trying that…if I have any leftovers!
Follow us on Instagram!
Steve and Melody #EatFatandProsper