Now that we have all discovered that Cauliflower can be turned into everything from Pizza to “Tater Tots”…
It’s time to settle back in to the real reason this otherwise discarded white vegetable has made it’s way into our hearts and onto our plates.
Keto-fied Mashed Potatoes!
That’s right! We can have mashed white stuff on our plate! It makes us have that same warm and fuzzy feeling that creamy mashed potatoes flood our souls with. It feels good to dip a piece of pan fried chicken into this creamy mashed cauliflower! You know what makes it 100 times better. It’s easy and fast! And we all love that!
Now that we can find frozen Riced Cauliflower in almost every store in the country from some very recognizable brands, it’s even better. No more of that chop, steam, squeeze, and then puree with a food processor crap! That takes too much damn time!
What you need:
- 1 immersion (stick) blender
- 1 sauce pan with a lid
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 4 oz cream cheese
- pink Himalayan salt and pepper
- Pour the frozen riced cauliflower into the sauce pan
- Turn the heat to medium high
- Cover the pan with the lid
- Stir every few minutes until all the cauliflower is no longer frozen
- Add the cream cheese and put the lid back on
- Turn the heat down to medium low
- Continue to stir occasionally until the cream cheese is melted and the cauliflower is hot.
- Remove from he stove top and using your immersion blender set to the lowest speed begin to puree the cauliflower and cream cheese together. Increase the speed and continue until you have the desired consistency.
Top with some of your favorites if you desire, like shredded cheddar, chopped bacon, and sour cream…. Loaded Mashed Cauliflower! YUM!
I love topping my mashed cauliflower with a bunless burger. Kind of like getting that old style Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes! Don’t act like you didn’t like those frozen dinners!
Are you having trouble getting into ketosis? What if you could get there faster? Find out how fast here!
Keep it Keto!
Steve and Melody
We know there’s about 1,001 recipes for Cauliflower Bread and Cauliflower Pizza Crust. But gonna share ours anyway… Just in case!
We snuck a few bites before taking this picture..
We risked total tastebud meltdown when this came out of the oven. Hot cheese-y bread. We all know that hot melted cheese is the napalm of the food community.
But this was so worth it!
So here is recipe number 1,002 for Cauliflower Bread.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1 head cauliflower, organic (ours was about 5″ in diameter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded raw milk cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1 tsp sea salt or Himilayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until tender. Let it cool.
- Chop the cauliflower or pulse in a food processor until fine.
- Use a clean dish towel to wring the water out of the cauliflower (if you use an old sock don’t tell us). This will take some muscle. When you think you’re done…wring it out one more time.
- In a bowl, add the cauliflower, eggs, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon or any kind of spoon you like. Spoons don’t matter here! Just get it mixed up.
- Pour out onto the parchment lined baking sheet and pat it down in any shape you prefer. (We should have made Texas or a gun!)
- Bake for 20 minutes until the edges look crispy and delicious.
- Take it out of the oven and tear off a piece and burn your mouth like we did! Soooo worth it!
Tactical Tip: Hey Buttercup! If you have leftovers, refrigerate them in an airtight container. Use the leftovers for a simple snack! Just roll up a piece of meat or chicken in this delicious “bread” and have a great day! Or scramble some eggs, slap ’em on this bread and fold it over to have a simple breakfast sandwich! Oh yes! Handheld Food!
Hey! We like to hear from you. If you make this recipe let us know through one of the Social Media Stalking Icons. Snap a pic of your Cauliflower Bread and tag us! Use the hashtag #thetacticalkitchen.
On a side note: We are just days away from filming Call for Fire! This is our independent veteran made film. Be on the lookout for posts and updates on our social media pages! The Tactical Kitchen is doing all of the cooking, so expect food pics and shenanigans!
Watch for some new workouts coming your way too! We have a new thing– The Tactical Ten! Do you have 10 minutes? Of course you do!
To share this post just click any of the buttons below! And sharing is caring!
If you’re new to going Grainless and Gluten Free, you may have some questions. We are here for you! Just contact us!