We did the Jalapeño Popper Keto Chicken Casserole.
This is practically the same recipe, but we are rolling everything up inside the chicken thigh and then gift wrapping those thighs with strips of fresh uncured bacon!
You can have these ready to serve on your table in about forty minutes. That’s not bad. You can prepare a few extra portions to have an easy quick meal for another day of the week. Let’s face it. WE all have those days when we just don’t feel like cooking. It’s great to have something ready to go that is satisfying and delicious! And these little bacon wrapped beauties fit the bill!
Tactical Tip for Keto Kids: Depending on the age of your kids and personal taste preferences, you can just leave out the jalapeño pepper and still have a kid friendly meal. Just don’t forget which ones are jalapeño free!
- Chicken Thighs, skinless boneless (for the amount just use as many thighs as fit your family size)
- Bacon, 2 strips per chicken thigh
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese per chicken thigh
- 1 oz Cheddar Cheese per chicken thigh
- Salt and Pepper
- Jalapeño Pepper, pickled or fresh (this is a personal preference amount…as much or as little heat as you want)
- 1-2 tbsp Kerry Gold Irish Butter
The cream cheese and cheddar cheese are rough estimates. This isn’t science…or baking! So don’t stress about measurements. We don’t stress when eating all the fat!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay out the chicken thighs on a plate or poultry cutting board and make sure they are flat enough to roll up as seen in the picture above.
- Salt and pepper the both sides of the thighs.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and jalapeño pepper to one end of the each thigh. I didn’t even bother to mix them. You don’t have to! Keep it simple and easy!
- Roll each chicken thigh up and then wrap each thigh with 2 strips of bacon making sure the ends are tucked under to keep the bacon from coming off.
- Preheat a cast iron or other heavy bottom, oven safe skillet to medium high heat.
- Add the butter to the pan and place each bacon wrapped chicken thigh seam side down to brown in the butter.
- Turn over and continue browning the bacon on each side.
- Place the skillet into the oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the thighs rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite leafy green vegetable. We like this with some roasted Brussels Sprouts.