Now that we have all discovered that Cauliflower can be turned into everything from Pizza to “Tater Tots”…
It’s time to settle back in to the real reason this otherwise discarded white vegetable has made it’s way into our hearts and onto our plates.
Keto-fied Mashed Potatoes!
That’s right! We can have mashed white stuff on our plate! It makes us have that same warm and fuzzy feeling that creamy mashed potatoes flood our souls with. It feels good to dip a piece of pan fried chicken into this creamy mashed cauliflower! You know what makes it 100 times better. It’s easy and fast! And we all love that!
Now that we can find frozen Riced Cauliflower in almost every store in the country from some very recognizable brands, it’s even better. No more of that chop, steam, squeeze, and then puree with a food processor crap! That takes too much damn time!
What you need:
- 1 immersion (stick) blender
- 1 sauce pan with a lid
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 4 oz cream cheese
- pink Himalayan salt and pepper
- Pour the frozen riced cauliflower into the sauce pan
- Turn the heat to medium high
- Cover the pan with the lid
- Stir every few minutes until all the cauliflower is no longer frozen
- Add the cream cheese and put the lid back on
- Turn the heat down to medium low
- Continue to stir occasionally until the cream cheese is melted and the cauliflower is hot.
- Remove from he stove top and using your immersion blender set to the lowest speed begin to puree the cauliflower and cream cheese together. Increase the speed and continue until you have the desired consistency.
Top with some of your favorites if you desire, like shredded cheddar, chopped bacon, and sour cream…. Loaded Mashed Cauliflower! YUM!
I love topping my mashed cauliflower with a bunless burger. Kind of like getting that old style Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes! Don’t act like you didn’t like those frozen dinners!
Are you having trouble getting into ketosis? What if you could get there faster? Find out how fast here!
Check out our How to Make Cauliflower Mash Video!
Keep it Keto!
Steve and Melody