We know the power of a sandwich. It’s simple. It’s fast. It’s convenient. But when we embark on a ketogenic lifestyle it’s one of the first things we have to give up!
This Cloud Bread has a lot of variations floating around the interwebs. So we aren’t sure who to thank for coming up with it. But here is our version!
- 6 eggs, separate the yolks and whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
You’re going to need a mixer (hand or stand mixer). Make sure you have some parchment paper available or silicone baking sheets. That ensures that the bread won’t stick to the baking sheets!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy with your mixer.
- Separate the eggs. Put the yokes in the bowl with the whipped cream cheese. Beat until combined.
- Add the salt, baking powder and baking soda to the cream cheese and egg yolk mixture, beat to combine.
- Place the egg whites in another bowl (preferably a glass, ceramic or stainless steel bowl…no plastic!)
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites.
- Whip the egg whites with the whisk attachment of your mixer until they are stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk and cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the batter onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheets. Spread the batter into a circular shape with the back of spoon or spatula.
- Place the bread in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. They will begin to turn slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. They will become more “durable” after cooking for several hours. So make ahead if you have the chance!
**To Reheat we suggest using a non stick skillet and a little butter to crisp the cloud bread up. Just melt the butter in the skillet and toast each side of the bread for a couple of minutes! You could just go ahead a make a grilled cheese sandwich at this point! How awesome is that!
We did not wait that long! It was Burger Night! They actually held together rather well!
These can be really versatile for some of you that need to have Lunch Box food! Make your own Ketogenic Egg McMuffin or fill it with Tuna And Mayo! Or just that classic turkey sandwich!
Maybe try using these as a pizza topping base! Get creative!
Eat All The FAT!
Steve and Melody