This is another recipe in our Tk Cooking Basics series. If you’re new in the kitchen we want you to have a few basic recipes to get you started!
We know if you’re embarking on a Low Carb High Fat diet (LCHF) that one of the first things you may long for in the night are mashed potatoes…
especially if you’re from the South! But if you want to keep that insulin production low and stay a fat burner, then you may want to try this tasty mashed potato alternative! These are not only easy, they are delicious and make you feel like the South hit you right in the mouth! Don’t worry, that’s a good thing! Yee Haw!
Let’s get this started!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid
- 1 head Organic Cauliflower, cut up (see pic below)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, grass-fed and shredded
- sea salt or Pink Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste
The How to’s:
- Wash the cauliflower. Then cut the cauliflower from the stems.
- An easy way to break the cauliflower from the stem is to hit the head of cauliflower, stem side down, on the counter. This make takes a couple of good bangs on the counter. But just release some aggression here! It’s pretty cool to watch the florets just fall of the stem.
- Next add the florets to a sauce pan and fill the pan about 1/3 with water. Cover with the lid.
- Bring to a boil on moderate high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer and steam for about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pan.
- Add the heavy cream and butter. Mash the cauliflower with a potato masher or sturdy fork. Add the Cheese and stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Then serve with anything!
Like these Pan Seared Pork Chops and some Asparagus! (That’s sauerkraut on top)
Tactical Tip: The cauliflower mash can be placed in an oven proof dish with more cheese added to the top and placed under the broiler. This will give it a delicious bubbly cheesy top. Just be sure you watch it while it’s under the broiler. That can go all kinds of wrong in the blink of an eye!
Don’t forget to Stalk Us with all those social media icons! We like it…It makes us feel all warm and fuzzy!
Steve and Melody