That’s right. I said BREAD.
This is a familiar recipe that I have seen floating around the interwebs.
A very simple one pan bread recipe which you can microwave or bake in the oven. I have only used the microwave, but I will include basic oven baking instructions.
So let’s get to it, shall we!
- 6 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
The how to’s:
- If using a microwave, use a microwave safe dish.
- If using the oven, preheat to 350 degrees and use an oven safe dish.
- Put the almond flour, baking powder, and salt in the dish. Mix to blend.
- Add the eggs and melted coconut oil. Mix completely.
- Microwave: place uncovered in the microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds on high.
- Oven: bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes. (I have a convection oven the time will vary for each oven so check every few minutes after the 12 minute mark)
- Remove from the pan and slice horizontal to spilt the “loaf” like an English muffin. Then cut in half.
- Toast in a skillet with butter on both sides to crisp the “bread.”
Check out our How We Kicked the Carbs page to find out how we got into this keto lifestyle!
Look at that gorgeous loaf of bread!
If you don’t have time to toast the bread in a pan, use a toaster!
Look at that!! You can make Cinnamon Toast with this bread by simply adding a granulated Keto approved sweetener such as Swerve or Truvia and a few sprinkles of cinnamon! ~You’re Welcome!
Beautiful Golden Brown!
Toast these in a skillet or refrigerate and toast in a toaster oven as needed.
Make these ahead for the week to have a quick “sandwich bread” ready for those days when you need something quick, full of fat, and easy to eat on the go!
The School year is coming up…use these for your #ketokid school lunch!
Use this simple and quick keto bread as a breakfast toast or make a grilled cheese if you tolerate dairy! How awesome is that!!! You can be keto and have a grilled cheese sandwich…with wine!
Now tell me how how it is to cut the crappy carbage out of your life!
Keep it Simple. Keep it Keto.
Looking for a no sugar, ketogenic wine? Dry Farm Wines will let you have your wine and stay in ketosis!
We are currently taking clients and have a few spots left for personal Keto Coaching! Check out our Coaching Plans and fill out our TK Questionnaire for a free consultation.
Eat all the Fat!
Steve and Melody
You know the first thing we hear from someone starting a ketogenic way of eating is how they will miss chips, crackers or just crunchy things in general.
Well fear no more!
You can have some crispy goodness in your Keto life! And it’s so simple it’s hardly worth calling it a Recipe!
It’s as easy slice, bake, eat!
Just one more pic. They are so easy and delicious!
- Sliced cheese (pictured is Colby Jack)
- That’s all the ingredients. You can lightly salt them with pink Himalayan salt if you like.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice cheese into squares and place onto parchment paper as pictured.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Store in an airtight container if you have any left!
If you are brand new to this Keto lifestyle you probably have a lot of questions. We have a special Facebook Group just for you click here to join.
You might be interested in getting a head start on your keto journey by adding Exogenous Ketones to your life!
Check out our 5 and 10 Day Experience Packs that will give you an idea of what Exogenous Ketones are all about and what flavor you will enjoy the most.
We appreciate you stopping by and checking out our keto stuff! If you enjoy this blog and would like to make a donation just head over to the Support the Tactical Kitchen Button!
Are you looking for a Ketogenic Wine to compliment your new Ketogenic Lifestyle? Cheese and Wine are perfect together!
How do you keep a Keto Kid on a Keto Diet at school?!?
It doesn’t take any more effort than a non Keto packed lunch. It just takes a little imagination and of course, some fat.
Our best suggestion is to invest in one of these awesome Bento style lunch boxes! We chose the YumBox and couldn’t be happier! Our Tactical KETO Kid loves opening it up and finding all of his lunch components in there place! They don’t leak and you can put things like your favorite nut butter, mayonnaise, sour cream or even dressing in the round compartment. It doesn’t leak into the other compartments which would, let’s be honest, make some kids (and adults) freak out.
What’s in the YumBox?!
- Roasted Turkey
- Organic cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Beef jerky
- 1/2 avocado (place it cut side down to keep it from oxidizing and score it for ease when eating with a spoon)
- Sliced strawberries
- Macadamia nuts and cashews
- Almond butter
- Pork rinds (in the sandwich bag)
- 1 piece of dark chocolate
We know. It sounds like a lot. But our TK Keto Kid eats late at school.
He can pop out this YumBox and snack on anything he wants before lunch if he feels hungry. A couple of times a week he doesn’t finish all of it and eats the rest when he gets home before dinner. We know he only eats when he’s hungry because he’s fat adapted. He knows the difference between hunger and food consumption caused by boredom. Smart kid.
This week lunch looked the same everyday. We didn’t get any complaints. He said he loved it! Yeah…You known your kids are eating the same sandwich all year long! Give this a try!
What else can go into a YumBox?!?
Stay tuned to see what goes in next week. This may get a little boring.
But hey! Our kiddo can concentrate all day at school.
He doesn’t have hyperactivity and then crash and burn because his sugar drops. His mood has improved tremendously. And he’s thirteen so that’s almost a miracle. Thank you Keto!
Follow us on the Instagram! We take pictures of almost all of our food like we’re obsessed with it or something.
Steve and Melody