You know the first thing we hear from someone starting a ketogenic way of eating is how they will miss chips, crackers or just crunchy things in general.
Well fear no more!
You can have some crispy goodness in your Keto life! And it’s so simple it’s hardly worth calling it a Recipe!
It’s as easy slice, bake, eat!
Just one more pic. They are so easy and delicious!
- Sliced cheese (pictured is Colby Jack)
- That’s all the ingredients. You can lightly salt them with pink Himalayan salt if you like.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice cheese into squares and place onto parchment paper as pictured.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Store in an airtight container if you have any left!
If you are brand new to this Keto lifestyle you probably have a lot of questions. We have a special Facebook Group just for you click here to join.
You might be interested in getting a head start on your keto journey by adding Exogenous Ketones to your life!
Check out our 5 and 10 Day Experience Packs that will give you an idea of what Exogenous Ketones are all about and what flavor you will enjoy the most.
We appreciate you stopping by and checking out our keto stuff! If you enjoy this blog and would like to make a donation just head over to the Support the Tactical Kitchen Button!
Are you looking for a Ketogenic Wine to compliment your new Ketogenic Lifestyle? Cheese and Wine are perfect together!
How do you keep a Keto Kid on a Keto Diet at school?!?
It doesn’t take any more effort than a non Keto packed lunch. It just takes a little imagination and of course, some fat.
Our best suggestion is to invest in one of these awesome Bento style lunch boxes! We chose the YumBox and couldn’t be happier! Our Tactical KETO Kid loves opening it up and finding all of his lunch components in there place! They don’t leak and you can put things like your favorite nut butter, mayonnaise, sour cream or even dressing in the round compartment. It doesn’t leak into the other compartments which would, let’s be honest, make some kids (and adults) freak out.
What’s in the YumBox?!
- Roasted Turkey
- Organic cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Beef jerky
- 1/2 avocado (place it cut side down to keep it from oxidizing and score it for ease when eating with a spoon)
- Sliced strawberries
- Macadamia nuts and cashews
- Almond butter
- Pork rinds (in the sandwich bag)
- 1 piece of dark chocolate
We know. It sounds like a lot. But our TK Keto Kid eats late at school.
He can pop out this YumBox and snack on anything he wants before lunch if he feels hungry. A couple of times a week he doesn’t finish all of it and eats the rest when he gets home before dinner. We know he only eats when he’s hungry because he’s fat adapted. He knows the difference between hunger and food consumption caused by boredom. Smart kid.
This week lunch looked the same everyday. We didn’t get any complaints. He said he loved it! Yeah…You known your kids are eating the same sandwich all year long! Give this a try!
What else can go into a YumBox?!?
Stay tuned to see what goes in next week. This may get a little boring.
But hey! Our kiddo can concentrate all day at school.
He doesn’t have hyperactivity and then crash and burn because his sugar drops. His mood has improved tremendously. And he’s thirteen so that’s almost a miracle. Thank you Keto!
Follow us on the Instagram! We take pictures of almost all of our food like we’re obsessed with it or something.
Steve and Melody
We have a Tactically Keto Treat a few times a week!
This is one of our favorites! If you have some fresh or frozen berries hanging around and some heavy cream you can do this is in just a few minutes!
We have done this for family gatherings and served it in little clear cups. Just layer the berries and cream for a really nice looking dinner dessert!
The picture below shows that even when we go on a trip…we have a nice little treat! We recently went on vacation to Colorado Springs, Colorado and as always, got accommodations with a kitchen. We didn’t have a mixer but there were bowls and a whisk! So Tactially Keto Treats were on the menu! If we use a sweetener, we stick to stevia. In this case I didn’t have any stevia. I opted to mash and mix some of the fresh strawberries and raspberries into the cream. We picked all of these ingredients up from Trader Joe’s which was just a couple of miles away. This gave the unsweetened whipped heavy cream just enough sweetness.
The chocolate in each picture is Trader Joe’s Chocolate Lover’s Bar 85% dark chocolate.
Whipped Cream is a fairly simple dessert to make. If you have one of those nifty whipped cream contraptions with the charger in it…you rock! Some of us are over here whipping it old school with our whisk and building Popeye forearms.
If you happen to have a mixer (which is how I usually knock this out) you won’t worry about sore having forearms tomorrow.
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1/4 tsp stevia (powdered) This will vary if you have liquid or powered. Remember to add a small amount at a time and taste until desired sweetness.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp raw cacao (reserved)
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt (for the chocolate cream)
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries per person
- 1-2 squares 85% Dark Chocolate per person
- Place the fresh or frozen berries in individual bowls.
- Whipped the heavy cream with a balloon whisk attachment until it begins to thicken.
- Turn of mixer and add stevia and vanilla extract.
- Continue to whip the heavy cream on a medium speed until thickened. Don’t over-mix or you will end up with butter.
- Now use half of the cream to top the berries. This is your vanilla whipped cream.
- In the half batch of heavy whipped cream in left in the mixing bowl, add the raw cacao and a pinch of pink salt. Mix to combine. If it is becoming too thick add just a tablespoon of heavy cream to the chocolate batch to thin it out if necessary.
- Scoop equal portions of chocolate cream on top of the fresh berries.
- Top with chocolate squares and a sprinkle of walnuts if desired.
This dessert passes the Keto Kid Test!
You won’t ever feel deprived when you are eating all the fat!
This is a very satisfying way to end the day! Give it a try…especially if you’re new to a Ketogenic Diet.
Follow us on Instagram to see what we’re up to and eating! We post almost all of our food on that thing!
If you have questions about the Ketogenic Diet and need a little help…just contact us. We are happy to answer questions!
Keep eating all the FAT! CarbsKill!
Steve and Melody
We went #FullKetard!