These are super easy to make and so delicious! No need for bread crumbs for these Keto-fied meatballs!
Yield: 14-16, 2.5 ounce meatballs
Preheat Oven: 400*F
Measuring spoons and cups
Glass baking dish 13×9
- 2 pounds grass-fed/grass-finished ground beef
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, homemade or best quality store bought
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 eggs, pasture raised
- 1/2 cup shredded raw or organic whole milk mozzarella to add to meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded raw or organic whole milk mozzarella to top meatballs
- 1 tbsp organic Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp organic garlic powder or 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp organic onion powder or 1/4 cup fresh minced shallots
- 2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1-2 tbsp of melted grass-fed butter or coconut oil to grease the baking dish
For the Sauce
12 ounce glass jar organic no sugar Pasta Sauce (If using canned sauce, look for brands that do not use BPA in the lining of their cans or you make your own homemade sauce if you have fresh tomato available)
- Use the butter or coconut oil to grease the baking dish.
- Place the ground beef, cream cheese, almond meal, eggs, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and all of the seasonings in the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with the wooden spoon.
- Using your hands or an ice cream scoop form the mixture into 2.5 ounce meatballs and place into the greased baking dish.
- Place the baking dish into a 400*F oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and carefully spoon out the drippings.
- Pour the Italian pasta sauce over the meatballs and sprinkle with reserved 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the dish back into the oven and allow the sauce to heat through and the cheese to melt and begin to bubble, approximately 7-10 minutes.
Serve over sautéed zucchini “pasta”
Serve along side a large green salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Vinegar
Serve with Sautéed green beans with cashews or almonds and baked sweet potato
Save leftovers in a glass container and enjoy the next day as an omelette filling for an Italian twist on a traditional omelette.
Looking for a bottle of Keto Friendly Wine to go with your Italian Keto Meatbombs?
A few other awesome serving option for leftovers!
- Make some Fat Head Pizza dough and stuff a few meatballs in there for a nice Stromboli or Calzone
- Use Cloud Bread or Almond Keto Bread for a meatball sandwich!
I’ll be trying that…if I have any leftovers!
Steve and Melody #EatFatandProsper
We love pancakes! How about you?
These are simple and will keep your ketones flowing! We topped ours with a little peanut butter, a few berries and some Lakanto Syrup. (It’s sugar free without all the crap)
So how do you make a gluten free, high fat, low carb, ketogenic pancake? It’s seems impossible when you say it like that. But here we go!
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese,room temperature
- 1/4-1/3 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 6 eggs, separate yolks and whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut milk or raw unpasteurized whole milk
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to grease the griddle
- Toppings of choice: stevia sweetened whipped cream, Lakanto maple syrup, peanut or other nut butter of choice. Fresh berries (Limit fruit if you’re not at your goal weight. A little is fine. Don’t go crazy!) Toasted unseeetened coconut, stevia sweetened chocolate chips, toasted nuts, chopped crispy bacon, the list just goes on! Fried eggs!
- Preheat a griddle to about 350 degrees (medium high)
- In separate bowls, crack the eggs and put whites in one and yolks in the other. Set the eggs whites to the side.
- In the bowl with the yolks add the cream cheese, heavy cream, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt. Blend with a hand mixer or stand mixer until completely combined.
- Whip the egg whites with the whisk attachment until stiff.
- Add the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture a third at a time. Fold the egg whites.
- Let the batter rest for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Grease griddle or pan with coconut oil
- Use and ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup to spoon batter onto the greased griddle.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, flip carefully. Cook an additional 2 minutes then transfer to a warm plate.
- Repeat until all the pancake batter has been used and enjoy with your favorite keto friendly toppings!
*If you have never attempted a gran/gluten free low carb pancake, these might surprise you. They are a lighter than regular carb-y pancakes. But they have a great flavor from the cream cheese. Because Fat is Flavor!*
Makes about 12-15 pancakes.
For KETO KREME whipped cream!
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Whip both ingredients together using a whisk or mixer with whisk attachment until you have a fluffy whipped cream!
Use this in your coffee, on the pancakes or top our No-Bake Keto Cheesecakes with it for extra yumminess!
To catch the replay of our Facebook live click the link!
Thanks for checking this out! Hope you enjoy!
Steve and Melody
We know you want some of those fun football foods to enjoy while yelling at your favorite sportsing team.
I mean how are they going to know which way to go down the field unless you’re screaming at them while stuffing your face with fantastic food?
Did you think because you’re Keto you’d be left out in the cold when it comes to chips and dip during the game?!?
We’ve got you covered with this super easy hot and creamy dip! Just add a bag of pork rinds or even celery sticks for dipping and you’ll stay in your Keto-zone all through the sportsing season!
- 3 tbsp butter, kerrygold
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (homemade baconnaise)
- 3 tbsp full fat sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bag frozen Artichoke hearts
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Frank’s RedHot original, and extra for the top
- 3 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- Pink Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven on broil (high)
- Heat a cast iron skillet to moderate high heat.
- Melt butter in the skillet and add the frozen Artichoke hearts.
- Sauté the artichokes for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Cut the artichokes into smaller pieces and add them back to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium high.
- Add the fresh spinach and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, cumin, Franks RedHot, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir.
- Sprinkle bacon on top and drizzle more Frank’s RedHot. Place in oven under broiler for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy with some Pork Rinds (chicharrones) or celery sticks.
We had our with some oven baked spicy chicken wings and KETO//OS Orange Cream and La Croix Sparkling Coconut Water!
Maybe they needed some KETO//OS!
Steve and Melody
Just a couple of Ketards!
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to see what’s happening on our plate and in our lives. Mostly what’s on our plate.